SUYEN CORPORATION ("Suyen Corporation”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protect and respect the privacy of your personal data in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Data Privacy Act”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (“IRR”), and all related issuances of the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”).
WHO WE ARE
SUYEN CORPORATION is a retail conglomerate primarily known for its flagship brand BENCH/, which began as a small store selling men’s t-shirts in 1987. From being the number one store of men’s apparel, BENCH/ has grown to include a ladies’ line, underwear, fragrances, housewares, snacks, and a wide array of other premium lifestyle at affordable prices.
SUYEN CORPORATION is also licensed to use the trademarks of other brands, including the following which are registered in the Philippines:
- TheFaceShop owned by TheFaceShop Co., Ltd.
- MotherCare owned by MotherCare, PLC.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any recorded information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained. These information we collect from you with your consent may include:
1. Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide us when you visit our stores, create an account, log-in, or avail of our products through this website, which may include:
- First name and last name;
- User name and password;
- Contact information when you register on our websites, such as your phone number, residential address, email address, and birthday;
- Government ID; and
- Bench Lifestyle Card Number.
You may also provide us information about other people, such as when you direct us to send a gift on your behalf.
2. Product information (such as shoe size), and other information about the customer’s purchase;
3. Device identifier such as IP address or MAC address, as well as browser and settings information, shopping preferences, and information about how customers interact with the Websites and other digital products;
4. Bank account, such as when we process request for refunds;
5. Payment information, such as when you make a purchase with us and we need your billing information to process the transaction;
6. Information in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on the brands’ Websites, mobile apps, and in the Stores;
7. Information from other sources, including joint marketing partners, data analytics firms, publicly available social media pages, and other third parties who work with Suyen Corporation;
8. Social media account/s, including your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information which may be accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your online account
9. Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail, or our customer call center
Information collected through this website are stored digitally in our secured internal server and cloud-based platform.
HOW & WHY WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Our company’s websites, online services, e-commerce, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help to identify users and possibly prepare customized web pages or to save site login information for you, as well as to facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
DATA SECURITY AND RISKS OF PROCESSING
Our company takes your privacy seriously and has instituted appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures in our systems in order to maintain the highest levels of security and protection, which likewise undergo upgrading when necessary. When in transit, information is protected using encryption and authentication, such as Secure Sockets Layer. These security measures aim to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data and protect them against natural dangers such as accidental loss or destruction, and human dangers such as unlawful access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration, and contamination. While we implement these security measures with respect to our websites, please note however that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. Your own conduct may dictate your level of protection. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you transmit to us. You understand that any personal information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
Our employees operate and hold personal data under strict confidentiality. They are required to sign non-disclosure agreements and have received training on the company’s privacy and security policies to ensure confidentiality and security of personal data
RETENTION & DISPOSAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provide will be retained or stored for ten (10) years within the date of your last activity, or as long as the purposes for which they are being processed have not been satisfied. We will permanently delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the above-stated purposes or when you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
We recognize that you are accorded rights over your personal data pursuant to the Data Privacy Act, such as but not limited to, the right to access, right to rectification, right to object, right to erasure/blocking of personal information, right to be informed of the existence of processing of personal information, right to data portability, right to damages, as well as your right to lodge a complaint before the NPC should there be a clear violation of your right(s).
In order to exercise these rights, you may directly amend, add, and update your personal information by logging in your account. You are also free to delete your account including all personal information contained therein by logging in your account and deleting it. By deleting your account, our system will automatically permanently erase all information in our system upon lapse of the ten (10) year retention period, unless otherwise provided by law, such as for fraud prevention or investigation. You may also directly liaise with our Data Protection Officer for other concerns regarding your personal data and your rights through the contact information provided below.
(+632) 87777888 local 219
Data Protection Officer
Penthouse, Bench Tower, 30th St., corner Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City